Monday, November 10, 2008

India update

I found out this weekend that my friend Ani, one of our Regional Coordinators in India, has been beaten up again. This time it was more severe for him. Ani and others (I do not know who they are at this time) were sharing the Gospel within a small Muslim village very close to Ani's home when it happened. Please pray for the following:
  • Ani's and the other's physical needs
  • The Lord to use the increased persecution throughout India as a means to further His Kingdom.
  • The village where the persecution occurred to have soft hearts and ultimately accept Jesus as their Savior.
Despite being badly beaten and sent away with a strong warning not to come back, Ani and the leaders in the Bashirhat area have resolved to work even harder to strengthen and multiply the home churches in this area. I praise the Lord for Ani's faithfulness. What a blessing it has been to know him and pray for him. May God increase his resolve, for the glory of Christ, and the good of others!

3 comments:

JessicaB said...

Okay, Chet, your blog made me cry. Phyllis's blog makes me laugh a lot and sometimes cry - and I think yours may make me cry and lot and sometimes laugh! A good balance you two have! ;-) Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad our blogs can bring a sense of emotional stability...I think? Let me know if it continues and I'll have Phyllis send you some coupons for Kleenex! Thanks for the comment.

JessicaB said...

Chet -- I changed my identity, so I'm seeing if my new one works. I may have to take you up on the kleenex!